The Enfield Poets’ Poetry Competition is now closed
Thank you for submitting your poems into our competition
Closing date: 7th March 2020
We regret to inform you that due to the current situation caused by the spread of COVID-19, the poetry competition judging has been delayed. Please bear with us while we work through this as quickly as we can.
The results will be published on our website by the end of the month.
The winners will be contacted by email prior to any announcements.
- The Competition is open to poems on any theme and in any form and must be the original work of the author.
- Poets entering the Competition must be 16 years or older.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines in length, excluding title.
- Poems should not have been previously published.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submissions may be made online or by post.
- First Prize: £500
- Second Prize: £250
- Third Prize: £100
Competitors may submit any number of poems for a fee of £4 per poem, or £10 for three poems.
Judge: Ruth Padel
Ruth Padel’s most recent collections are Beethoven Variations – Poems on a Life, a journey through Beethoven’s life and her own childhood, growing up playing the viola, and Emerald, a lyrical exploration of the mourning process and a celebration of her feisty mother. She was Chair of Judges for the 2016 T S Eliot Prize and Judge for the 2016 International Man Booker Prize. She is Professor of Poetry at King’s College London and Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. www.ruthpadel.com
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
All proceeds of the competition are used to fund the Enfield Poets. The Enfield Poets do not have any grant funding for their operation.