The Enfield Poets’ Poetry Competition: now open for entries
The Enfield Poets’ Poetry Competition is now open for entries – and we’re really excited to announce that the competition will be judged by Ruth Padel.
Closing date: 7th March 2020
The Enfield Poets are celebrating their Twentieth Anniversary in April 2020. The winners will be announced at the end of March , and the prize giving will be on Saturday April 25th, 2020, as part of the Enfield Poets’ 20th Anniversary Literary Festival.
- The Competition is open to poems on any theme and in any form and must be the original work of the author.
- Poets entering the Competition must be 16 years or older.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines in length, excluding title.
- Poems should not have been previously published.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submissions may be made online or by post. Please refer to How to Enter for more details.
- First Prize: £500
- Second Prize: £250
- Third Prize: £100
Competitors may submit any number of poems for a fee of £4 per poem, or £10 for three poems.
Judge: Ruth Padel
Ruth Padel’s most recent collections are Beethoven Variations – Poems on a Life, a journey through Beethoven’s life and her own childhood, growing up playing the viola, and Emerald, a lyrical exploration of the mourning process and a celebration of her feisty mother. She was Chair of Judges for the 2016 T S Eliot Prize and Judge for the 2016 International Man Booker Prize. She is Professor of Poetry at King’s College London and Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. www.ruthpadel.com
How to Enter
|Enter by email||Enter by post|
|Click here to download the Entry Form|
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org